Monday, April 13, 2015

At Jessica's Request, My Most Embarrassing Moment

You all know what it is, but you might get an additional chuckle here.

As you know one of my jobs was a wedding photographer. I got my own wedding gigs through word of mouth and I also worked for a studio and was sent out by them on the day of the wedding. I did weddings when I was 19 to 26. I stopped when I was 26 because I married your Mother, Jill, and while spending Saturday, shooting weddings until sometimes late into the night was great fun when I was single, I wanted to have my Saturday nights with Linda, when we got married.

So here I was on a Saturday, some time between 19 and 26 at St Teresa's Church in Runnemede doing a big wedding. The church is big and beautiful with stained glass windows which let in a beautiful light as the ceremony was progressing. I was running around the church getting fantastic shots in the beautiful light. I headed toward the back of the church because I wanted to get away from the crowd because I really needed to fart. I got to the back of the church just as the bride and groom were starting to say their wedding vows so I figured I better fart and get up front for the wedding kiss. I farted away from everyone, at the very back of the acoustically perfect church and it sounded like a rifle went off. The sound echoed through the church. Everyone in the church turned around including the bride and groom. The priest just looked up from his bible. There I was at the back of the church with about 200 people looking at me and nowhere to hide. I turned around and looked behind me hoping that someone might be there but there was just the church wall behind me, everyone at the wedding knew it was me and I had to face them all as their photographer the rest of the day. It was definitely the most embarrassing event of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment